We are a team made up of creative individuals who have a passion for Retail. Situated in the East of Montreal, IVC (International Visual Corporation) is a leading innovator and manufacturer of state-of-the-art retail fixture products, as well as digital signage and retail application solutions for our customers.
We are currently looking for a “Production Director” to join our growing team.
If you’re interested, here’s what we do.
IVC is a different kind of retail specialist. We’re driven to stand apart and be the one merchandising display company that specializes in beauty, luxury, and fashion. We’re from a new generation of creatives, one that knows how to bring together different experts from the worlds of beauty and technology to create a single, global brand strategy. We share a common vision to integrate innovative technologies and set new retail trends. It’s what makes us unique, and what makes our work, as well as our clients, successful.
We are passionate people doing what we love
Passion is what drives us to challenge ourselves and evolve – to think outside the box. We bring together different people from different backgrounds to offer an unparalleled mix of talents that create unique products.
So, you think you’re a good fit?
The ideal candidate is a proven leader in his field, and has production management experience in acrylic, wood and metal manufacturing processes. You must be able to work in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment, alongside designers, engineers, tradespeople and production staff.
The successful candidate must realize all objectives by considering the growth in business volume, the quality of our manufacturing processes and operational profitability. Finally, the Production Manager will set optimization objectives, verify achievements on a regular basis through the implementation of measurement and control systems and ensure that they meet or exceed our customers’ expectations.
As a Production Director, you will
- Participate in the development of the production schedule
- Implement and monitor the production schedule
- Maintain optimal availability of manufacturing equipment
- Prepare and maintain production reports
- Select, order and purchase production equipment
- Propose innovative alternatives to manufacturing processes
- Participate in the improvement of production processes (5S, Kanban, Kaizen, etc.)
- Monitor product quality standards
- Supervise operators / programmers of CNC machines
- Supervise the team leaders of the different work units
- Manage human resources needs
- Evaluate staff performance and implement improvement plans when required
- Motivate, develop and evaluate all staff
- Ensure implementation and compliance with health and safety procedures
- Create positive synergies and effective communications to increase overall productivity
- Participate in the development of standard practice to ensure rapid production while meeting the quality standards of the company
- Maximize the use of our ERP system
- Estimate production costs
- Define, manage and control the production budget
- Ensure effective collaboration and coordination with the various departments
- Promote Health & Safety practices
What you need is
- College or university degree in a related field combined with 3 to 7 years of experience in production management
- Good understanding of CAD drawings
- Good understanding of computers and ERP / MRP software
- Master the Microsoft Office Suite (Advanced Excel)
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a rapidly growing environment with many concurrent priorities and deadlines
- Problem solving, analytical and synthesis skills
- Autonomy, initiative, drive and leadership
- Must have mastery of French and English, Spanish (asset)
This is an exceptional opportunity, for the right person, to work in a long established company that offers an industry leading wage with a full range of benefits.
If you can accomplish the above, you’ve got what it takes. If you want to accelerate your career growth, write us an email with resume and salary expectations to HR@weareivc.com.
We offer industry leading compensation and benefits package including RRSP with 3% company match.
Company organized social activities, air-conditioned offices, group insurance (for Massages, Chiropractor, Naturopath, Osteopath, etc. treatments), performance bonuses, work-life balance, flexible holidays, banking of holidays, flexible work hours, wellness days (with in-office chair massages etc), possibility of access to an on-site gym, work-from-home possibility, vacations.