We are a team made up of creative individuals who have a passion for Retail. Situated in the East of Montreal, IVC (International Visual Corporation) is a leading innovator and manufacturer of state-of-the-art retail fixture products, as well as digital signage and retail application solutions for our customers.
We are currently looking for a Industrial Designer to join our growing team.
If you’re interested, here’s what we do.
IVC is a different kind of retail specialist. We’re driven to stand apart and be the one merchandising display company that specializes in beauty, luxury, and fashion. We’re from a new generation of creatives, one that knows how to bring together different experts from the worlds of beauty and technology to create a single, global brand strategy. We share a common vision to integrate innovative technologies and set new retail trends. It’s what makes us unique, and what makes our work, as well as our clients, successful.
We are passionate people doing what we love
Passion is what drives us to challenge ourselves and evolve – to think outside the box. We bring together different people from different backgrounds to offer an unparalleled mix of talents that create unique products.
So, you think you’re a good fit?
As an Industrial Designer, you will
- Design and prepare models and engineering drawings of Retail Store Fixtures based on preliminary concepts, specifications etc.
- Perform a variety of complex tasks in the design, development, modification, troubleshooting and testing of products
- Work from general instructions and technical specifications; apply technical knowledge to engineering and the development of Retail Store Fixtures
- Creating and maintaining a library of standard drawings for each product
- Creating and maintaining BOM for products and standard options in the ERP system
- Establishing 3D documentation of products and standard options (assembly drawings, exploded view drawings, manufacturing drawings, etc.)
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings, schematics
- Providing technical information and effective design ideas
- Researching and developing specifications used in the design process
What you need is
- Bachelor’s degree in a design related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in design
- Proficiency in SolidWorks (3 years of experience)
- Photoshop, and Illustrator (Asset)
- Experience with P-O-P design (a real asset)
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to multitask – involvement in multiple design programs simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate within team
- Quick-thinking client presentation skills
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of Metal, Wood, and Acrylic manufacturing processes
This is an exceptional opportunity, for the right person, to work in a long established company that offers an industry leading wage with a full range of benefits.
If you can accomplish the above, you’ve got what it takes. If you want to accelerate your career growth, write us an email with resume and salary expectations to [email protected].
We offer industry leading compensation and benefits package including RRSP with 3% company match.
Company organized social activities, air-conditioned offices, group insurance (for Massages, Chiropractor, Naturopath, Osteopath, etc. treatments), performance bonuses, work-life balance, flexible holidays, banking of holidays, flexible work hours, wellness days (with in-office chair massages etc), possibility of access to an on-site gym, work-from-home possibility, vacations.